The mothership has landed. We’ve officially reached the start of San Diego Comic-Con 2018, which will see the casts and creators of your favorite TV shows, movies, comic books, and more gather to meet and talk to fans. The annual celebration of all things nerdy runs from today through July 22 in San Diego, CA, and there’s something for just about anyone, spanning genres from horror to sci-fi and beyond. We’ve already gotten a Titans trailer and DC Universe news, and we’ll soon have panels for the likes of The Predator, and Doctor Who, and Star Wars–the latter of which brought news on new episodes of beloved animated series The Clone Wars.
With a seemingly countless number of events packed into four days, it can be hard to figure out exactly what you want to see at Comic-Con. After all, this will be the first chance many have to watch sneak peeks and new trailers for upcoming movies and TV shows, as well as shows returning in the fall. Luckily for you, though, GameSpot has studied the SDCC schedule closely to pick out the panels you probably won’t want to miss.
Some events are an easy choice to attend, especially where movie fans are concerned. Though Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm are both opting not to bring presentations to Comic-Con this year, there is more than enough to experience.
Thursday will see a panel for The Predator that will surely include new footage. Meanwhile, Friday sees Universal Pictures presenting panels for the upcoming Halloween film starring Jamie Lee Curtis, as well as M. Night Shyamalan’s Glass–a sequel to both Unbreakable and Split. Saturday kicks things off right with the annual Warner Bros. presentation. That’s where you’ll likely get new looks at things like Aquaman, Wonder Woman 1984, and maybe even the upcoming Shazam.
TV is no slouch this year either. While HBO will not be bringing Game of Thrones or Westworld to the event, there is no shortage of shows. The CW’s entire superhero roster is returning with individual panels. Other shows represented with panels include The Walking Dead, Vikings, Riverdale, Star Trek: Discovery, Preacher, Legion, and so many more returning favorites.
As far as new shows are concerned, SDCC has those covered as well. Castle Rock, the upcoming Hulu series set in the Stephen King universe, has a panel, as well as USA’s TV spin-off of The Purge, Syfy’s Deadly Class adaptation, and FX’s Sons of Anarchy follow-up Mayans MC. There are also reunion panels featuring the casts of Breaking Bad, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Twin Peaks.
You can take a look at the full list of GameSpot’s San Diego Comic-Con highlights below; we’ve also got roundups of what to look for on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you aren’t able to make it to San Diego this year, make sure to keep your eyes on GameSpot Universe as we bring you the best moments, trailers, and more from the weekend.
- The Predator (10:30 am – 11:30 am – Hall H)
- Blade Runner: Revelations (10:30 am – 11:30 am – Room 6BCF)
- WWE Elite Squad (11:15 am – 12:15 pm – Room 6A)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 10th anniversary celebration (11:45 am – 12:45 pm – Room 6BCF)
- Doctor Who (11:45 am – 12:45 pm; Hall H)
- Nightflyers (3:00 pm – 3:50 pm; Indigo Ballroom)
- Better Call Saul (3:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Hall H)
- Breaking Bad 10th anniversary reunion (4:30 pm – 5:30 pm; Hall H)
- Marvel’s Iron Fist (6:00 pm – 7:00 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Fear the Walking Dead (11:15 am – 12:15 pm; Hall H)
- Vikings (11:30 am – 12:30 pm; Ballroom 20)
- The Walking Dead (12:15 pm – 1:15 pm; Hall H)
- Hulu’s Castle Rock (12:45 pm – 2:00 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Star Trek: Discovery (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm; Hall H)
- Universal Pictures’ Glass and Halloween (3:45 pm – 4:45 pm; Hall H)
- Bumblebee (5:00 pm – 6:00 pm; Hall H)
- Sony Pictures (6:15 pm – 7:15 pm; Hall H)
- Preacher (7:30 pm – 8:30 pm; Hall H)
- Warner Brothers (10:30 am – 12:30 pm; Hall H)
- Black Lightning (11:00 am – 11:45 am; Ballroom 20)
- My Hero Academia (11:15 am – 12:15 am; Room 6A)
- The Simpsons (12:00 pm – 12:45 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Krypton (12:00 pm – 12:50 pm; Indigo Ballroom)
- The Gifted (2:30 pm – 3:15 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Supergirl (3:30 pm – 4:15 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Arrow (4:15 pm – 5:00 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Batman: The Animated Series on Blu-ray (4:15 pm – 5:15 pm; Room 6DE)
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (5:00 pm – 5:45 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Deadpool 2 (5:15 pm – 6:15 pm; Hall H)
- The Purge: From Film to TV (5:15 pm – 6:15 pm; Room 6BCF)
- The Flash (5:45 pm – 6:30 pm; Ballroom 20)
- Deadly Class (6:00 pm – 6:50 pm; Indigo Ballroom)
- An Evening with Kevin Smith (6:45 pm – 8:15 pm; Hall H)
- Twin Peaks and the Revival of a Cult Classic (8:00 pm – 8:50 pm; Indigo Ballroom)
- Deadpool 2 screening (10:00 pm – 12:00 am; Horton Grand Theatre)
- Supernatural (10:30 am – 11:30 am; Hall H)
- Riverdale (11:45 am – 12:45 pm; Hall H)
- Mayans MC (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm; Hall H)
- Legion (2:15 pm – 3:15 pm; Hall H)